Digital advertising is evolving with each growing day. Every business is trying to reach their customer in the best ways available. Twitter performance advertising is one of those best ways if you are someone looking for advertising space for your business.
Twitter’s performance advertisement heavily relies on learned data and innovation. In case you are wondering, Twitter’s carousel ad format is the best answer to performance advertising.
What is a Carousel Ad?
Through carousel ads, an advertiser can use multiple images and videos in a single ad to advertise his product or service. Traditionally, advertisements will display only a single image or video for an ad consumer. With carousel ads, an advertiser can share more details about his product, he can talk more to his potential customer, and eventually, the conversion is going to be better.
As per the beta results of carousel ads, the website ad click-through rate has seen an average increase of 15 percent. App carousel performed even better with a click-through rate of 24 percent.
Now you must be having an idea of what is a carousel ad. The next step is to use carousel ads to the best effect for your business.
A Guide to Carousel Ads
Creating a Carousel Ad
Carousel ad creation is easy. Navigate to ads.twitter.com. Click on ‘Creatives’ and then select ‘Tweet composer’. From there you can start creating your carousel ad. Currently, Twitter allows advertisers to use 2 to 6 images or videos in a single advertisement. To know all the basic guidelines about the graphics you would be using in your advertisement, check Twitter’s specification guidelines.
Carousel ads have a beautiful edge-to-edge design that enables users to seamlessly move through the images. So, when you use images, you can use images that combine to say a story. In that way, your advertisement will be more engaging.
Using Links in Carousel Ads
Carousel ads are more than just images and videos. You can embed links in your ads to easily take the user to your website or application. Remember, always provide the link to the specific product page you advertise. They guarantee better results.
Twitter has replaced the older method of using third-party cookies to know if an ad is responsible for a website visit. With many users now opting out of third-party cookies, the older method is inaccurate currently. Instead, Twitter newly introduced a feature called ‘Twitter click Id’ which straight away improves the conversion optimization.
Data and innovation, as we already stated are the core of this new optimization technique. Twitter wrote that this new method has improved the click-to-land rate by 26 percent.
How this ‘Twitter click Id’ feature works is simple. Twitter appends a unique identifier to every user when he clicks on a link in the carousel ad. With this id, Twitter can know the exact number of website views achieved by an advertisement campaign. This informed data can help a campaigner to analyze and plan his further ads.
Remember you can have multiple images in a carousel ad, but you can use only one link per ad as of now.
Content Ideas for Carousel Ads
More images mean you need more content for your advertisement. Do not get boring or go off from what you want to focus on. That is the key in carousel ads. Don’t feed your audience with too much data. Here are a few ideas to use engaging content for your carousel ads,
- Inform what your product does in the minimum words possible. Use ratings, customer reviews, or testimonials to prove your credibility. A credible image always helps in inviting customers into your product.
- Tell a story. Six images are a lot of space if you are creative. It can be a customer experience story, a company employee’s story, or a story about your product’s inception or growth. People love stories and if they love yours too, you have a new customer.
- Provide offers. Try to have at least three good offers to interest your customer. When a customer sees an impressive offer in the carousel ad, there are more chances for him to check further about the offer.
- Do not mind using multiple frames for a single image. At times, your image can need a broader space. In those cases, break the image into smaller chunks and use it in the ad. A multi-frame image is always better than a clumsy image.
- Give the user reasons to buy your product. Tell them about the benefits. Tell them why you are a better option than your competitors.
We hope this blog has given you an idea of what Twitter’s performance advertising can do. If you have any questions about Carousel ads, feel free to ask in the comments. Want to explore more in the Twitter world and the business opportunity it offers?. Check our Twitter growth tool.