2. Click on Create an app at the top right
3. Click on Apply when Twitter asks you to apply for a developer account
4. Select Doing Something Else in the Other section when Twitter asks you the reason for using developer tools and then click on Next
5. Add the necessary info accordingly. It may include your phone number, country, and your account name.
6. Write the following text under the In your words section and make sure all the options in the specifics are turned off.
“I need this app to display Tweets on my website using a WordPress plugin. I will not analyze Tweets or their content. The plugin only displays Tweets. My website users may want to like, Re-Tweet my posts and follow me too. I will not have any summaries displayed.”
7. Click on Looks Good! once you’ve made sure that the information you provided is correct.
8. Click on Accept under Developer Agreement, tick on the checkbox in the bottom and click Submit Application.
9. Verify the email sent to you by Twitter for verification and Wait for 24 hours as Twitter reviews your application and sends you an email.
Important . If your application was approved, you will receive an email from Twitter confirming it and you can simply head over to https://developer.twitter.com/en/apps and create your app instantly. Otherwise, Twitter will send you a different email asking some questions before they approve your application. If so, please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org and share the email you received from Twitter for further assistance.